For Father's Day this year, I wanted to make Brock a little surprise. I thought it would be cute to have some matching pictures done for Brock to hang in his office. I had Tyson help me make a little sign and set the kids up in cute outfits.
Neither of the kids wanted anything to do with pictures, and I couldn't even convince Courtney to sit outside at all, but I still got some super cute stuff!
Ty's best picture with the sign. Super cute!
With both of them having fresh hair cuts, I decided to make sure I got some cute pictures that I could frame. I'm glad that we are not getting professional shots this year, both kids want nothing to do with it. I am so lucky that I got some great shots of both!!
Ty's best pic!
Courtney's I love Daddy shots. She wanted nothing to do with that sign after 30 secs.
I got 1 good one!
But she was a doll and gave me lots of good sitting pretty shots. Happy Mommy!
I decided to push it and try to get some of them sitting together.....not so successful. After about 1 min, Courtney started getting mad that Ty was touching her etc. etc. You can totally tell they are watching TV....oh well. Haha!
On one of our rare rainy days, I decided to take the kids to the aquarium in west ed. They have both been a couple of times, but Ty was in love with it this time! I tried to leave 4 times and he just wasn't having it. I finally had to drag him out while he screamed at me to take him back to watch the fish and sharks. We were lucky to also catch the sea lions practicing some of their tricks on our way out. The kids loved it! I will have to try and get them out to a sea lions show.
Ty looking at the Nemo and Dory fish.
Ty watching the sharks, sea turtles, and fish. He could have stood there all day. He absolutely loved it. We are actually thinking about buying him a small fish tank for his birthday or Christmas....maybe. Buying fish can be complicated (if you want them to live) and I want pretty ones if I'm going to get them.
Funny selfie of Courtney.
Ty watching the penguins.
Courtney was very excited about the penguins!!
Ty watching the sharks, sea turtles, and fish.
Courtney looking at Nemo and Dory. She was really excited to see them!!
Father's Day BBQ at my parent's house! Ty found my brother's old Mickey Mouse ears from Disneyland and wore them all afternoon. He looked so cute!
Playing with stuffies!
My parent's worked so hard to clean up my old play house for Courtney to play in. (My dad built the house for me as a child.) It was set up exactly as I had left it! So much fun! I loved playing in there - I would play house, grocery shopping, and organize my kitchen for hours. I also remember having many tea parties with my mom in there. So much fun! I love being able to share this with Courtney now.
Courtney loved it. It must have been so sweet for my parents to see Courtney playing in there like I used to.
It was so fun to play in there with Courtney. And we also managed to find some great play food to bring home for our own collection. They don't make this stuff anymore and the new stuff is pretty lame - hard to find good quality toys anymore!!
Playing ice cream. So cute!
She had so much fun, and I was equally excited finding all my old toys!
The cupcakes!! This was the one item I was dead set on finding. Courtney has been playing "cupcakes" with her cookies for weeks and I just had to find these for her. She loved them immediately.
Tyson playing in the playhouse.
Courtney playing with her cupcakes! She was so excited about them!
Cupcakes!!
Playing with my baby stroller.
The next day I went grocery shopping and Courtney was loving helping me load the groceries on the check out. Its so funny to see Courtney enjoy all the same things I did. I loved playing house, dollies, and grocery shopping as a child - and it seems like Court is the same way. It is the number 1 thing for her to play.
A little princess tea party, complete with her new cupcakes. Fun!
Playing with some chalk on the deck.
So proud of my big boy! He filled up his entire poo poo chart! And even recently has begun asking to go potty when he has to poo!! I am so proud of him!! Once he is proficient in asking to go poo on the potty and going I will work on getting him to pee only in the potty and holding it and staying dry. He pees in the potty almost every time I take him, but he doesn't stay dry in between. I am so impressed with his progress and very proud of him!!
As a reward, Daddy bought Ty his first big boy lego set. He loved building his little truck and was really great at finding the pieces and matching them to his instructions. Big boy Ty!
So cute!
Who knew a bucket could make such a difference?! I met up with some friends at the spray park and once again, Courtney wanted nothing to do with it and refused to let me put her down. Until my friend Leslie showed up with her buckets! She jumped down and was off and playing with her friends right away. Good to know.....and thanks Leslie!!
Happy boy! Loves the spray park, although was being a bit timid as well. (And he took off on me a number of times, even took off with a school class.....I guess I should be happy that he likes to be part of the group...)
Once again Leslie saved the day! These fish were my life saver. Once he found them he was beyond excited and loved playing with them in the water. He got completely soaked and had a great time. (And didn't try to take off or leave the park even once after that.)
Such a happy boy.
He had a huge smile this big planted on his face all morning. Best morning ever.
Happy and soggy.
Courtney of course found a bunch of rocks and had to mix, mix, mix!
Always playing house!
First time they played together all morning! I'm so glad Courtney enjoyed it! Finally!!
Of course Courtney had to climb on the frog and try to ride him like a small horsie....haha!
I also convinced Courtney to ride on her Nemo Fish in the pool! So fun!!
She would get on Nemo or Cocodrillo and say, swim, swim, swim!
Loves running and jumping through the sprinklers!
Now that's a good tea party right there! Chicken nuggets, milkshakes, fries, pop, and cupcakes! Delicious! I am also obsessed with how Courtney says, "chicken nuggets". She uses this funny deep voice....I got it on video...you can't even explain it.
Courtney feeding her baby a bottle. So cute!!
Courtney has been so jealous of Tyson and his fun trips to the potty, and 1 night she decided I am going to pee on the potty too. Man was she determined to do it too. By her own choice, she kept going back and sitting on it over and over until she finally peed! She was so excited! She also very much enjoyed getting a treat after. I'm not actually training her, she mostly just wants to play. But she knows the drill and knows what she gets if she actually is successful - so I'm happy with that.
Of course her dolly then had to go pee pee on the potty too - and don't forget to grab a book!
Tyson playing with his boats in the pool. He was pretending to have some Dora adventure. He was saying, "Dora! Row row row!!"
We had to get a new blow up pool, our other one broke. This one is bigger I think, but doesn't have a plug at the bottom like my old one....kinda a pain to drain.
Tyson riding on cocodrilo.
Courtney enjoying summer with a popsicle. Yummy!
I loved her drippy popsicle arm.
Kids riding floaties in the pool.
Happy Tyson riding Nemo.
I went to my friend Kamry's house for a fun play date! Courtney and Penny are born 3 days apart and Ty and Jace are only about 4 months apart.
Cute kids having a snack.
Just a couple of gals enjoying some snacks.
So cute! I loved watching them play on the swings together!
Cute little friends!
I didn't want to give up on my slip and slide. I sprayed some dish soap on it and with bare feet, I was able to actually push my kids down!! Success!! Court was really loving it, until she stepped on a weed or something - or maybe she was sick of slipping and falling - but she wanted her shoes back and wasn't that into it anymore. It was really fun for a bit though!!
Splashing in the bubbles.
She was really into it for a bit! Lots of fun!! I did manage to get Ty to try it once, and He liked it, but didn't want to try again.
Snack time in the sun!
What a cutie!
Courtney found Ty's sunglasses and loves them! What a cool kid!
Great kissy face Court!
I can't remember exactly when we went, but we also went to the world waterpark sometime in June. Tyson LOVED it. Once we told him we were going to the beach, he was all in. He loved jumping in the wave pool with Daddy. They would jump over all the waves and even let Brock try to teach him to float a bit. Courtney was pretty timid - but once i got her to go down the slide in the toddler pool with me, she loved it! Until we got in trouble for going down together. The slide is too big for her to do by herself, so we were kinda done after that. Too bad. They need a smaller slide that is easier for little ones to climb so parents can catch. It's a toddler area....I expected a more accessible slide.
And, Courtney's newest funny phrase is - "Brock. Can you get my soo soo please?" Haha! At least she says please!! Funny girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment