Halloween Halloween!! Trick or Treat!! The kids have been excited about Halloween since about mid-September, so we were more than ready to start getting festive right after Tyson's birthday.
I found this cute spooky house kit at Walmart and thought the kids would enjoy decorating it.
Tyson working hard on the icing.
Court working hard on the house. Big girl!!
So cute!
Cute kids!
I made some cute "halloween" cookies with reeces pieces in them. They were pretty good, but they had butterscotch chips in them too which I found to be a bit much. The flavor kinda took over. I want to try them again without the butterscotch, but they were super cute and festive!
Making Halloween cookies! I remember making holiday sugar cookies with my mom all the time and just loved doing it, so I'm trying to make sure that I make time to do this, even though we don't really eat them. It's more of a craft and a fun family activity.
Courtney loved getting involved in cutting out the shapes!
But she LOVED playing with the rolling pin! So cute!
Dress up day at SportBall! I wanted the kids to be in outfits that would be easy to run around and play in. Court has been obsessed with Toy Story lately and was so excited to dress up like "Woody and Jessie"! Her little outfit turned out so cute! I loved it!
So excited! She loved it!
Ty wore his pirate costume again. What a handsome boy! He looks more like Prince Charming with his handsome haircut!
All ready to go! So adorable!
So cute!
Decorating Halloween Cookies!
Ty did really great! He actually was getting icing out all on his own and did a cookie all by himself!
Court loved eating the icing....haha!
Cutie!
Court would basically squeeze out as much icing as I would allow and then proceed to eat it. Fun times!
Yummy!
Ty's cat cookie!
Our finished cookies!
On the 30th I decided to make Courtney some festive food! Ty doesn't like it when I mess with his food, but Court likes all the festive stuff.
Court's orange pumpkin shaped waffles! It didn't come out as orange as I wanted...
My spooky lunch worked out much better! Pumpkin sandwich and mummy dogs!
Court loved it!
Pumpkin carving! This was by far Tyson's favorite part! He always does his pumpkin Charlie Brown style - "eyes like this, nose like this, and mouth like this"!
Ty helped me cut out his face! He loved every second!
Court drawing her spooky face! Court also loved scooping the "guts" out with a big spoon.
Court got bored of working on her pumpkin, so Brock did a spooky witch for her, Snow White even! The pumpkins turned out great! Super cute!
Costume time! Court was so excited about her witch costume!
My adorable fireman! Ty loved the whistle on his uniform.
Court all bundled up and ready to go! She was so excited! Trick or Treat!
Bundled and ready to go!! Do you see my spooky skeleton face?? Haha!
Ty was a little confused....I think he thought we were going to the mall like we did last year, or maybe he wanted the stroller because I usually take the stroller if we are going to walk around the neighborhood - either way, he was pretty upset and certainly didn't want to go trick or treating. I wish I would have thought to grab the stroller to let him just come for the walk and to see the decorations - he would have loved that I think. Instead, Brock took him home and passed out candy at our place and I took Court around.
My cute little trick or treaters!! I'm glad I got this cute picture!
Our neighborhood does an amazing job! Amazing decorations and so generous - full size chocolate bars at numerous houses! Court loved every minute! She would go around saying, "Halloween, Halloween! Trick or Treat! Our costumes can't be beat!" She said trick or treat and thank you or thank you so much at every house. She also would say, Happy Halloween!! She would also tell people that she was a witch, which was good cause her hat kept blowing off so I ditched it at home. We were out for a solid hour, until her bucket was beyond bursting and she would have stayed out as long as I would have let her I think. She loved all of the spooky decorations and the whole Halloween experience. She is still talking about trick or treating and wants to go again!
Some of the cool decorations!
I was so glad I walked down to this house, I had been eyeing it up for a while!
Back home with our full bucket!
After Halloween I was able to hit up the clearance section at Walmart and get Courtney a Princess Sofia dress! Now the outfit is complete! Crown, dress, necklace, and slippers!! She loves it!!
And she asked if we could go trick or treat again too! Haha! Cutie! I'm so glad she loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment