August was a fabulous month!! We have been enjoying the last of the summer weather and have really discovered the zoo!! The kids are in love with the zoo and we went ahead and purchased an annual pass, which has already been very well used!
Both Tyson and Courtney are talking lots and lots! Courtney always seems to come up with the funniest little things to say! Tyson is doing great, he is using lots of language - using phrases to ask for everything that he would like and is parroting us a lot more than he used to. Really starting to open up!! Ty follows directions so much better than he used to and enjoys pretending to be different animals by walking like them and making their sounds. Its super cute! He loves his sister and loves to run around with her and chase and wrestle her.
Some funny things the kids said this month that I had to jot down so I wouldn't forget....
Courtney:
She will ask you, "Guess What?" and then respond, "I forgot what I was going to say!"
Courtney likes to look out the window to look for animals in our backyard. Often the conversation goes like this. "Look! Monkey's, in the tree! Do you see them? How many are there Courtney? 12! 12 monkeys sitting in a tree!" Too adorable! Apparently there are moose in our backyard a lot too!
Whoa! That was a close one!
Ya, I'm ok.
I have an idea!
Thank you so much! I love you so much!
Tyson:
Courtney was splashing and thrashing a lot in the tub and Ty was getting really annoyed. Finally he looked up and said, "What is the deal?"
He says "its ok!, its ok!"
He was playing with a train app game that I found for him and he said, "Trains! I love it!"
Every time we go to the park he goes up to the girls and asks them to "dance! go like this!" dance!" So cute!
He is still a very picky eater, but he loves the idea of different foods and likes to ask for them, Like asking for juice when Courtney does, or ice cream, or corn, etc. He actually did try a piece of corn the other night.....he didn't really like it, but he didn't gag or throw up and did chew it and eat it!
He asks to go to Grandma's House and the zoo all the time and loves my parent's dog, Fergus, and asks to play with him all the time.
Some of the fun stuff we have been up to!
Playing at the park! Ty loves to try and make sand castles.
Playing on the teeter totter! So cute!
I spy a cute boy named Tyson!
Cute.
Courtney discovered ketchup......she kinda loves it.
The kids love to play ring around the rosie together....or just run around with each other.
I love watching Courtney play with her dollies. It is just so cute! C'mon baby! Let's go for a walk!
Feeding her baby a bottle.
Courtney giving her baby hugs. She was hugging her saying, "It's ok baby. Mommy's gotcha. I'm right here. Mommy's gotcha." It was too adorable to handle.
We were at the grocery store and a fire truck was parked like 3 stalls down from us. I had to go take the kids over to check it out. Ty loved it and climbed right up! Court was a bit scared....unfamiliar men kinda freak her out. Ty still asks to go see the fire truck every time we go to the store.
They even let him pretend to try on the hat! What sweet guys! I so appreciated them being so kind with their time. Ty is kinda obsessed with fire trucks now.
The kids also loved the safety books they got from the firemen!
Courtney loves running through the sprinkler!
She even goes backwards sometimes!
Ty playing on the elephant slide.
Happy boy in the pool!
Courtney watched an episode of Daniel Tiger and he brushed his teeth and washed his hands. She of course needed to go and do the same. She was actually doing a pretty good job on the tooth brushing!
The elephant slide is hard for the kids to climb on their own, so I pulled the playhouse slide over. Its a big hit!
Ty drew an elephant!
Beautiful morning at the park! Ty was so happy to be there. He was sitting up on the slide with the biggest smile ever!
Such a happy boy!
It was a very hot day, but Ty was not willing to stay inside.... :)
I love when Court will let me put her hair in pigtails! My favorite!
On our way to Costco! Courtney loves going to Costco. As we were leaving, she asked for her sunglasses, put them on and said, "I'm going to Costco."
She also kept them on in the store.....good thing.....you never know when you might get recognized!
Courtney is obsessed with trying to go pee pee and poo poo on the potty. I'm not starting to train her until it is cold out....I just would rather wait until we are not playing outside as much and can have access to to potty at all times.....but she is adorable! I'm also proud of her for actually sitting on the big potty....that was kinda a big step for her!
Courtney playing with her Princess Sofia floatie.
Cute girl.
Court playing with the sands alive. I've noticed lately that she is really growing up - she can pretty much play with anything Ty gets to play with......no more baby..... :(
Ty playing army men.
We went to the aquarium to check out the penguins and sharks.
Courtney watching the penguins with Daddy.
Watching the sharks.
Court had to keep running back to look at Nemo and Dory. Her favorite.
Getting ready to watch the sea lions show!
Cute selfie with Daddy!
Ty drew a unicorn!
Beautiful morning at the zoo! My kids are obsessed with the zoo right now. We go about once a week and the kids just adore it. They know all the animal names, make animal sounds, and just all around love it! Ty also asks to see a gorilla, giraffe, and hippo almost every time........sorry buddy....
Pictures with Mommy!
Ty watching the wolves.
Courtney watching the wolves.
Ty on the train! Ty loves the train! (You can't tell).
Working on our lacrosse skills! Both kids actually have a really good throw!
Court picked this up right away! I was super impressed!
Another warm day and another fun day in the pool!
And running through the sprinkler with her floatie!
Court looked so adorable! I love those sunglasses!!
My happy girl!
Cute kids all ready for the zoo! Court has actually recently decided that she must walk everywhere.....I hope that once I am on my own again she will insist on this in stores....it is not fun grocery shopping with a 2 year old walking and grabbing at everything. At the zoo, its totally fine. Its a small zoo and not very busy.
Red panda!! I had never seen it before!
Courtney watching the seals! She loves sitting on this rock.
My cute kids! So cute!
On the train!
Sitting next to her brother like a big girl! Growing up too fast!!
Looking at the farm animals.
Court's new thing is to give herself a shower with the water hose. Pretty funny!
Fun morning at Grandma's house!! Courtney and Grandma having a tea party!
Courtney loved talking on this phone, but was very confused by the string. What is this string doing here? Is it a necklace? Is this a phone necklace? No Court, we used to be chained to the wall when we talked on the phone.....in the olden days.....haha!
Taking the baby for a walk with Grandma.
Tyson playing lego.
Courtney was playing "shopping, shopping, shopping!"
So cute!
C'mon baby, lets go wash your hands!
C'mon baby! Let's brush your teeth!
BBQ at Grandma's house for Auntie's birthday! Lounging in the sunshine!
Selfie with Ty....
Selfie with Court.
Playing catch with Auntie.
Lounging with Gido.
Running and wrestling with Gido. The kids wore him out!
Courtney flying!
Dance party with Auntie!
Flying with Uncle B!
Playing at the park!
The kids were not impressed that I was packing up the floaties for the season. I must ride this alligator and wear my floatie!!
and still play trucks.....
Ty dew a goat.
Ty blowing bubbles. He got one!
Watching the leamers at the zoo. I love the leamers!!
The red panda was awake!
Court's first time on the carousel! She loved it!! Big girl!
So cute!
Ty loved it too!
The tiger was out and swimming in the water! What a treat! They usually hang out in the back and you can never see them. The kids were so excited! Very cool!
I took Court to get her bangs trimmed, and only after it was done was she excited about sitting in the car chairs. But she insisted on sitting in the pink one and has been playing hair cut at home every since....maybe next time she will sit there!!
Cute kids hugging and wrestling around.
Court got new princess pj's that she was obsessed with. She refused to take them off, but them dumped juice on them and had no choice. I asked her if she would like to go and pick out something new to wear from her closet. This is what she picked....of course! And had to pair it with her princess sofia crown, necklace and slippers. I love this little princess!!
Courtney has finally learned that only babies go in this little high chair!! So fun! She loves to feed her babies in the high chair, very cute!
Another beautiful zoo morning!
A trip on the train is a must!
The kids also loved going on the carousel again.
Court was very excited about her pink horsie!
My sweet boy!
One of the zebra's had a baby the night before! It was really cool to see the new baby right away and so up close! The kids were very excited and Court made sure to point out the Mommy, baby, and Daddy zebras and that they were a family! So adorable.
Ty really wanted to go and see the reindeer! He loved them!
Watching the seals! This one was floating like this the entire time. So funny!
What a cute and handsome little boy! I love this little guy so much!! Getting so big!! He loved watching the seals jump in the water.
Climbing in the dinosaur bones.
Summer has been so fun! I am so excited for fall and for all of the holidays!! Ty's birthday is coming up and the kids are already super excited for Halloween! I just can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment