Around mid-September I started having some anxiety about Tyson starting Kindergarten next year. I felt like it was my job to make sure he was going to be ready, and I was starting to feel like I might not be able to get him there. I knew a pre-school type experience would be good for him, but I had struggled previously to find a program that seemed like the right fit for Ty. He needs a bit of extra help with things like language and following directions - but a lot of the other programs just didn't seem right for Ty. I stumbled upon the actual public and catholic school websites - I had never thought to look there - and realized that they actually offered pre-k programs! After calling to inquire, the 100 Voices program out of Edmonton Catholic got back to the me right away, and after a week, we were in and starting right away! Quite the whirlwind! I am so excited for Ty. This program truly is the right fit for him. He had an assessment on his speech and development prior to being accepted, and although he needs extra help and support, they have it all right there. Speech, OT, everything. It has all been so easy, and everyone is so kind and so helpful. They are so excited to have Ty in there program and I don't feel worried about his level of development or his willingness to participate. I feel like they know and understand him and will work with him to get there. He goes 4 afternoons a week, which is a lot and I'm still getting used to him being gone, but really, the afternoon was such a dead time of day for him. He is loving it already and is always excited to go! He actually didn't want to come home with first day.....
First day of school pictures! My sweet boy! Too grown up for this yet!!
Getting ready to go. I am so glad that he loves it! It makes dropping him off so much easier, knowing that he is having fun and learning - I couldn't be happier or more proud of him.
Waiting to go in. Being so patient!
We got him a new backpack, the other one was way too small. Looking so cool buddy!
Here's to a great year! I know he will learn lots, he is already doing so well at home, I just hope this program will give him that little extra edge and nudge that he needs. I love him so much!
I'm so proud of you Ty! You are being so brave and are such a sweet boy. Your teacher has told me that you love your classmates and that you love to play with the puzzles, animals, and read the brown bear book. I hope you learn lots and have a fabulous time every day. (And I hope they do all the fun fall and Halloween crafts that you love, cause October is your favorite month!)
No comments:
Post a Comment